Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Would You Rather?

The question for tomorrow's training is

"Would you rather a) Ride the rollers in the basement for two hours or b) Run outside with single digit temperatures?"

Update:
I couldn't decide so I did both:  50 minute run followed by a 40 minute ride.  The run was two of my normal loops without the frozen path through the woods which destroyed my ankles.  The bike ride lasted through an episode of Scorpion.

My GPS unit has helped identify my training needs.  Running is definitely a better workout.  My heart rate is consistently above 130 with a maximum above 160.  Riding the bicycle my heart rate rarely exceeds 125 and is usually near 115.

No comments:

Post a Comment