Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Friday, February 20, 2015

Energizer Bunny

As you know, I have switched my training to running with minimal time on the bicycle.  Monte has been accompanying me as I run loops through the village.  We ran nine miles today.  Well, I ran nine miles, and Monte walked, trotted, pranced, and sprinted.  With all the diversions and distractions, he probably put in ten miles and he was still ready for more.  He is my Energizer Bunny.  One of these days I need to attach the GPS to him and track his route.

With months of training and preparation behind us, we started to put our plans in place this week.  It started with a few last minute equipment changes for our bikes, derailleurs and lights. The local bike shop (LBS) boxed and shipped the bikes with the 64 Pedal 4 Paws t-shirts and miscellaneous bicycle parts/tools. I think we were close to our seventy pound estimate, per box.

We received the Verizon electronics today: phone and tablet. The P4P jerseys are scheduled to arrive Saturday. And I started packing.  My suitcase is half filled with all the essential  clothing for  a two month bicycle journey.   So how do I end up with two full suitcases?

No comments:

Post a Comment