Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Lessons

I learned or was reminded of a few things on my ride yesterday:
  • Lost a lot of fitness over the last three months
  • Good endurance, but slower
  • Need to work harder when training on-bike
  • No substitute for climbing (running hills simulates climbing)
  • Mechanically sound bicycle makes for a happier journey
  • Need a tune-up before shipping bike
  • Mentally prepared for the daily grind, otherwise I would have stopped after problems
  • I am over training, not having fun on the bike - hated my bike yesterday
  • Reduce on-bike training, more cross training
  • Need to use my own Facebook account to post comments/rides
All that said, I need to remember that C2C is a tour, not a race. 

If I ride it like I have suggested, I am ready for the C2C challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment