Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Friday, January 23, 2015

Luxury Item

One rule for our coast to coast trip is "Do not take anything that you haven't tried." Yesterday, I started testing one of my luxury items.

Every day we will be in a different campground.  Imagine waking up in the middle of the night when nature calls, waking up in the morning and fumbling for glasses, or trying to clean contacts in a dusty environment.  Those of you with 20/20 vision do not have these issues and if my test goes as hoped, neither will I.

My trial of contact lenses that can be worn for 30 days began roughly 24 hours ago.  The benefits so far have been minimal: the ability to see clearly while feeding the dog, shaving, and showering. I stated "roughly" because the lenses are thicker than my usual ones and with every blink I can feel the increased edge and irritation. 

We have scheduled a seven day test, so, I am still hopeful that my eyes can adjust and eliminate the daily procedures associated with contact lenses and provide clear vision 24/7.  If not, another option is daily wear lenses than get tossed each evening and every day starts with a new pair.  This does not solve the problem of a midnight trek to the  restroom, but keeping the lenses clean is less of an issue.

Update 1/25:  I am loving the new contacts.  Eyes seem to have adjusted.  Thinking it might just be the stress and fatigue of working at a computer all day that was causing issues.  We will see what happens tomorrow.  Either way it appears to be a go for C2C.  The best part is being able to roll over in the morning and actually see my lovely wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment