Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Monday, March 2, 2015

Groundhog Day

After eight months of planning and four months of serious training, a common virus is threatening to put a damper on my cross country endeavor.  It started Friday night, so if it lasts the average seven days I should be ready to ride on Saturday.  Right now I lack the energy to pack and my brain is only half functioning which impacts my decision making.  Who know what will end up in my suitcase?

Training has taken a backseat and any potential training time has been traded for sleep.

Watching the movie, Groundhog Day, on my most recent training session I pondered "If I had one day to continually live, what day would it be?"  Since I had been riding the bike for an hour and with Coast 2 Coast starting soon, I focused on the best cycling day to relive over and over.  I pondered the past, but eventually settled on April 27, 2015.  The last day of the 2013 C2C was magical as we pedaled our tandem to the beach, I can only imagine that finishing a journey from coast to coast will be even more special for Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment