Trip Summary

Day 52: 2929 miles completed, 8 states, 7 flat tires, 4 flat mattresses, 40 new friends and Bruce #1, 8 rest days

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Winter Solstice

Hurray - The days are getting longer.

Still limited to indoor riding.  Today, my diversion was the movie Rush, which is a about the rivalry between F1 drivers James Hunt and Niki Lauda. Riding on rollers for two hours is always a challenge, mentally and physically.  Racing scenes are even more difficult.  As the cars are shown maneuvering through the apex of the corners, I found myself leaning the bike as if I was entering the turn or attempting to steer around cars blocking the road.  It's just natural, but not a good idea when riding on eighteen inch wide cylinders that are fixed to go straight.   On numerous occasions I caught myself just before riding off the side. Eventually I learned to look away from the screen during the driving scenes.  FYI, this also applies to aviation videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment